Big Stone City School Library
- Library Homework help reference site
- How to encourage reading
- How to choose books for your child to read
- How to read aloud to your child
- Kid's Read
- Guy's Read
- Caldecott Award Books
- Newbery Award Books
- Praire Bud and Praire Pasque Award Books - South Dakota Children's Book Annual Award
- YARP: Young Adult Reading Program
- Online Database Links
- Web Search Sites
- The Big Stone School Library is open all school hours, where students and staff can check out their own materials by signing the check out sheet and writing down the bar code on the back of the boo. Mrs. Ostlund is available all week to assist children in finding a book.
- Each class comes to the library one time a week for 30 minutes. This schedule is open to change as various activities may be happening during the week that interfere with the normal schedule. During their library class, students will receive a brief lesson on library skills or be involved in some other activity to help them become more familiar with books & authors.
- Students in grades K-3 are allowed to check out 2 books each time. Students in grades 4-8 are not limited to the number of books they check out, but it is their responsibility to get them returned on time. All books and magazines are checked out for a four-week period with renewable privileges allowed unless there is a waiting list for that title.
- Books that are lost or damaged will need to be paid for by the end of the school year.
- Reference books can be checked out to the classroom only and must be left in the school building overnight.